Accomplishments and Lessons from 2016
This week I had a little bit of "After Christmas let down." I decided I needed to stop and reflect on 2016. Really reflect. If you haven't done this, I highly recommend it. Stop, get comfortable and think about what you've accomplished over the past year. It doesn't have to be BIG things. It might surprise you. Looking back over 2016 reminded me of the many highlights and ultimately lifted my spirits.
- Traveled to 3 different places I've never been--2 states in the beautiful Southeast, Tennessee and North Carolina, and 5 months later, Vancouver, BC.
- Restored some damaged relationships. (True highlight)
- Ministered to 2 friends who lost their husbands this year.
- Made spending time with "old" friends a priority.
- Upped exercising from 2-3 times per week, to 3-4 times. Feeling stronger.
- Mini remodel of our kitchen.
Re-landscaped our backyard, working with my husband and landscape contractor on design. Loved picking out new plants, flowers, trees, etc! This led to outdoor entertaining...something we both love!
Before we move into a new year and goals, it's important to look back.
Business Highlights: (some of these involve YOU!)
- Traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for a business conference with 75 other Indie Business owners.
- Parisian's Pure Indulgence Rewards Program (hope you are signed up-we are already giving rewards away!)
13 "Timeless Beauty Tuesday's"
video's on Facebook-- topics from beauty and wellness to household tips. To view them, visit our Parisian's Pure Indulgence YouTube Channel.
- Completed an arduous approval process for EWG (Environmental Working Group) verification. We are officially EWG Verified and proud that our products passed stringent guidelines.
- Completed an 8-week Master Branding Program with Brand Strategist, Lela Barker. *Disclaimer* - This was completely overwhelming to me...I admit. I am taking all of January and February to refresh everything I learned and begin implementation. School at 61 years is no easy task!
Product Review Program for those who have never tried PPI. We sent out many samples and will be sharing the reports back soon!
After 60, it has become increasingly important to collect experiences in my life vs. collecting stuff. Travel, time with family and friends, and just "being" with my husband.
It really IS harder to lose weight, and keep it off after 60!
Making Timeless Beauty Tuesday Video's is way out of my comfort zone!
It has s t r e t c h e d me at both a personal and technical level. Standing in front of a camera immediately makes me stammer. But, I pushed through and it's becoming slightly easier.
Unexpected Surprise - Using a natural deodorant is as important to you, as it is to me. You purchased our Pure Protection in record numbers!
*Side note: I just opened my second container, after 8 months. Lesson: It lasts!
REPEAT- School after 60 is really hard. One word: Retention
Anything worth doing is usually hard.
What are the lessons you take away from 2016?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.