Avocados are like natures butter! There's something magical that happens when you put avocado over warm toast....ahhhh!
Try my avocado toast with salt, pepper, and roasted pumpkin seeds (demonstrated in the video). A healthy breakfast that's also protein rich.
Do you know that 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds have more protein than one egg?
Toast a piece of Dave's Killer Bread, 21 whole grains (5 grams of protein per slice), top with 1/2 an avocado, and a 1/4 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds, and you'll have a delicious start to your day and 12 grams of protein! Great for those of us on a plant-based diet.
More avocado toast twists to try:
- Add a sprinkle of "Everything but the bagel" seasoning over your avocado.
- Top avocado with two slices of tomato, salt and pepper.
- How about a Caprese avocado toast? Add chopped tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of smoked olive oil
- For meat eaters, try crumbling a piece of bacon on top.
Now that breakfast is covered let's explore some lunch options -
- Thin slices of radishes on top of your avocado toast add a yummy crunch.
- Avocado, mushrooms a few crushed red pepper flakes, topped with fresh basil. My mouth waters just looking at this photo.
- Avocado, smoked salmon, red onion--all it needs is a few capers! Thank you Wholefully.com
If the creamy yumminess of avocado isn't enough, let me tell you how great avocados are for your skin!
Avocados are loaded with skin-friendly omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamins A, D, and E.
This yellow-green fruit (yes - it's a fruit) packs more potassium than bananas?
In addition to vitamin E, avocado contains lecithin, Vitamin K and folate, along with many other nutrients that can nourish and moisturize the skin.
What's your favorite way to make avocado toast?