CBD Oil for Dogs for 4th of July Anxiety
4th of July, 2020 - We may not have the organized 4th of July shows we typically do in many parts of the country. But...
You can be sure we'll see and hear the illegal fireworks. Here in Southern California, the fireworks have already started. While many of us enjoy the effects and sounds of fireworks, most of the time our pets do not.
The Humane Society suggests:
- It's best to leave your pets safely indoors, preferably with music or TV turned on to soften jarring noises.
- Even pets who are usually kept outdoors should be brought inside.
- Create a safe place for your dog or cat to go to when they hear noises that frighten them. Notice where they go when afraid and give them access to that place.
- Distract your Dog - Start when they first alert you to the noise and are not yet showing much fearful behavior. Immediately try to interest them in doing something they really enjoy. Play fetch (in an escape-proof area). Reward with praise and treats for paying attention to the game.
- Behavior Modification - begin by exposing your dog to an intensity level of noise that doesn't frighten them and pair the noise with something pleasant, like a treat or a fun game. Gradually increase the volume as you continue to offer something pleasant. Through this process, they'll come to associate "good things" with the previously feared sound.
Talk to your Vet about Medications or CBD Oil for Dogs
Why CBD Oil for Dogs? Your Pet's stress starts deep in the Limbic System of his brain, which is responsible for emotions, fear, and anxiety.
CBD can act in multiple areas of the brain associated with anxiety to calm innate fears (spontaneous anxiety), reduce conditioned fear associated with traumatic stress (contextual anxiety), and reduce obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Cannabidiol accomplishes these effects by changing the behavior of the nerve cells in the brain through a process called cell signaling – providing a calming signal to the hyperactivated neurons.
Noisy fireworks are a big stressor for a lot of dogs. And often, these extend beyond just the evening show on the Fourth of July.
We're happy to report
We have many customers using our Relieve CBD Oil for Pets to help their pets with pain, anxiety, and inflammation. We love hearing how CBD Oil for Dogs is helping your fur babies feel better.