How can you pick the best CBD oil tinctures when there are literally hundreds of products on the market?
You may have heard about the unprecedented interest and healing benefits of CBD. Many are using CBD oil to ease their chronic pain, and relieve symptoms of conditions ranging from arthritis to anxiety.
Unlike its cousin, marijuana, CBD oil won't make you feel woozy or high - but people report significant relief of their symptoms. The World Health Organization has even declared CBD oil safe and worthy of deeper research.
While both hemp and marijuana come from the same species of plant, that's where similarities end. "Hemp is cultivated differently and has completely different functions and applications. Hemp is said to have 25,000 uses. Marijuana has 2 uses-medical and recreational use," writes Kayla Fioravanti in her recent release, A little handbook about Topical CBD: A revolutionary ingredient for the skincare world.
Having been in the natural skincare world for nearly 15 years, at first I believed CBD to be the just the next fad ingredient, and I've seen plenty over the years! I was pretty sure it had value, after all, it's from nature, but could it be as miraculous as everyone's touting?
It wasn't until my youngest daughter shared with me she successfully uses CBD oil for anxiety, post-partum, that I began to take notice. I decided to head over to our local dispensary to see for myself what I could learn. Sadly, the employees were so high I couldn't get a straight answer out of any of them.
What I did learn was, there was a vast array of products, ranging from edibles, salves, and oils with numbers most won't understand on the label. I walked away confused.
This led me to begin researching (my favorite pastime!) CBD for myself, and motivated me to do something I have been considering for years--become a certified aromatherapist. I knew CBD was not the only plant extract I wanted to know more about. To date, I've spent nearly 100 hours reading, researching and studying all things --- CBD. I hope to have my certification complete, with case studies, in the next 6 months.
Here are the top 5 things you should know before purchasing CBD Oil or Topical CBD-
1. Know your source - Some will say Amazon is the best source for CBD oil. Nothing could be further from the truth. You'll find a lot of low-grade CBD oil out there that has been processed with strong chemical solvents. Stay away from these.
2. You get what you pay for - You want a pure, solvent-free product that has been extracted from raw hemp material with the finest extraction methods, and yes, you will pay more for it.
What you don't want are solvents such as butane, isopropyl alcohol, pentane, hexane or ethanol used to extract CBD from the hemp plant. Solvents are considered processing aids and do not have to be added to the label.
CO2 extraction is quite involved and far superior to solvent type extraction and well worth the extra money.
3. Reputable manufacturers of CBD oils are transparent about their extraction processes. If you don’t see extraction methods mentioned on the product page of a webstore or on the packaging, proceed with caution. Manufacturers that employ CO2 extraction are proud to mention it.
4. Reputable manufacturers are also proud to share 3rd party testing of their products. Be sure you're getting what you're paying for.
5. Is there someone knowledgeable to make recommendations when you're purchasing CBD? They can help you make the best choice (topical, edible, or CBD oil) and how you should use it.
If you have any questions, I encourage you to hit the messenger button on this webstore. Or, you can reach me at Kelli@ParisiansPureIndulgence.com. I'm happy help.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Feet can be the most neglected part of our bodies, but pay dividends if taken care of properly. We'll address 5 common foot problems and what we can do to better care for our feet.