Your Summer beach vaca was just what you needed to relax, but the sun rays have taken a toll on your skin. Restore skin to a Fall glow with these 5 easy steps.
1. That lightweight foam cleanser you’ve been using all summer might do the trick at keeping oily skin at bay during the hazy and humid months, but with cold temperatures around the corner, you need to be looking for a cleanser that can lock-in that moisture and cleanse your skin without stripping it of those necessary protective oils.
2. Exfoliate Wisely - remove those dead summer skin cells and make room for healthy new ones with an exfoliating treatment that has sensitive skin in mind. And never forget to give your skin a boost after treatments by applying a hydrating moisturizer. Tip - When gently exfoliating your face twice a week, use a soothing sugar scrub or similar on your lips to remove dead skin and avoid flaking or peeling. Never go to bed without moisturizing your lips too!
3. All about your eyes - You've been squinting all summer, it's time to look for multitasking eye creams/gels that combine ingredients to target multiple concerns. Peptides, Licorice, Hyaluronic Acid are great ingredients to look for, as together they can address all major concerns around the eyes.
Proper application can also enhance the efficacy of your eye product. Apply a pearl-sized amount of cream/gel with your ring finger and lightly tap the cream along the entire orbital bone. Avoid applying too close to the lash line and apply the cream with your ring finger. Why? It is the weakest finger, which means less tugging on the delicate eye area.
4. Up the Antioxidants - Environmental factors like radiation from the sun, pollution, radiation, cigarette smoke and other toxic chemicals are known to trigger the formation of free radicals. Free radicals can trigger changes in our skin’s melanin production, causing dark spots and uneven skin tone. By reducing photodamage, antioxidants can help prevent abnormal skin pigmentations.
Fortunately, studies have shown that the inclusion of antioxidants in your skin care regimen can help your skin fight free radical damage and recover from oxidative stress. Consider switching to a moisturizer rich in antioxidants.
5. Don't forget your hands - One of the most neglected parts of our body. If you talk with your hands like I do, consider treating your hands to a twice-weekly sugar scrub/polish.
Sugar versus Salt Scrubs - granules are generally gentler in sugar. Salt can cause microscopic tears in the skin. Because of sugar's natural humectants properties, sugar scrubs are more hydrating than salt scrubs, which can strip skin of natural oils.
That's it--now you're ready for Fall. Do you have any tips you'd like to share for transitioning your skin from Summer to Fall?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Many of us struggle with dark under-eye circles or under-eye puffiness or bags. Some of us (I'm one of them) struggle with both!