When Should I start using Vitamin C on my skin?
Vitamin C is a superstar ingredient at any age but most women begin using it in their 30's when they are just beginning to see signs of aging.
More significant signs of aging and pigmentation changes may not appear until you're into your forties, but beginning Vitamin C for your skin early has many benefits.
Tip: In your 30's start using a Vitamin C Serum on your skin three times a week and work up to daily.
It's time for Vitamin C if you notice
- Irregular pigmentation - Sun damage is beginning to show around eye area or forehead
- The tone around cheek and jowl area is changing
- Fine lines are appearing
Vitamin C is a super power when it comes to wrinkles
Vitamin C helps with skin elasticity and is known to improve the neck and decollete area too. Serums are the most effective delivery systems for Vitamin C and help keep the ingredient stable, therefore enhancing penetration of this important ingredient.
The regular use of Vitamin C is supported by scientific research and recommended by skin specialists. This super vitamin can be beneficial when it comes to delaying early signs of skin aging, defending the skin from sun exposure, and reducing the presence of wrinkles, discoloration, and acne.
Can I just take a supplement?
Dr. Anjali Mahto, a dermatologist at the Cadogan Clinic on Vitamin C benefits
“The benefits of vitamin C have been known for some time but are definitely coming more to the forefront lately. This may be because we’re much more aware of our environment and the way it’s affecting our skin – we’re a lot more aware of environmental pollutants such as radiation, sunlight, cancer-causing free radicals and smoke, which break down collagen, stressing the skin and accelerating the aging process. As vitamin C helps to counter that process and can be used to treat such a variety of issues, it’s become a bit of a hero ingredient.”
For brighter, firmer looking skin
It is significant to remember that vitamin C serum (and all other serums!) will work best when your skin is exfoliated properly. Not exfoliating your skin can result in an accumulation of dead skin cells that make it hard for products to be absorbed.
- DMAE - helps to tighten skin and reduce sagging, improve firmness and elasticity, smooth lines and wrinkles and also brighten the skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 - energizes your skin. It protects against photo-aging – meaning premature aging due to overexposing the skin to the sun.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - helps to tighten pores, eliminate lines and wrinkles. The result is a flawless and rejuvenated skin.
Leave a comment (all fields required)