Easy Summer skincare routine
The summer months can be tough on our skin. The heat, the sun, and the humidity can all take a toll. That's why it's important to have a summer skincare routine that is both easy and effective.
Easy 3-Step Daytime Summer Skin Care Routine
1. Cleanse - The first step in any skincare routine is cleansing. In the summer, you'll want to use a gel or foam cleanser that is lightweight and non-comedogenic. This will help to remove any dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin without clogging your pores.
2. Day Serum with Vitamin C - After cleansing, you'll want to apply a serum. A serum is a concentrated treatment that can help to address specific skin concerns. In the summer, you'll want to look for a serum that contains antioxidants. Antioxidants can help to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
3. Moisturizer/SPF Combo - The last step in your easy summer daytime routine is to apply a moisturizer/SPF combo. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and protected from the sun. Look for a moisturizer/SPF combo with an SPF of at least 30.SPF50 is ideal. Using a combination moisturizer and SPF keeps your routine simple.
Easy Summer Skin Care Nighttime Routine
1. Cleanse -The same rules apply for cleansing at night as they do during the day. Use a gentle, non-comedogenic cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin.
The most important time to cleanse your skin is at night. Going to bed with makeup and debris from the day results in congested skin, blackheads, and causes your skin to look dull and over time, ages you.
More reasons to cleanse every night:
- Regular cleansing is essential to keeping your skin looking radiant and healthy.
- Cleansing helps anti-aging products and treatments work properly.
- Cleansing helps maintain pore size by keeping them clean.
- Cleansing encourages proper skin hydration and prevents the production of excess oils resulting in blackheads, whiteheads, and acne.
2. Night Serum with Retinol - In the evening, you can use a different serum than you use during the day. A serum with retinol is a good option for the nighttime routine. Retinol can help to boost collagen production, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture.
3. Night Cream- After using a serum, you'll want to apply a moisturizer. Look for one that's lightweight and absorbs quickly. Face oils are also great at night—they hydrate and protect your skin while you sleep. During the warmer months, a lightweight cream or face oil is ideal. Look for creams that hydrate without feeling heavy on your skin.
4. Eye Cream or Gel - repair, nourish, and protect the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. Be sure to wear sunglasses all-day-long to keep the squint lines around your eyes to a minimum.
Bonus: Exfoliating once or twice a week can help to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh, new skin. This is especially important in the summer.Sweat and debris from the day must come off! Banish blackheads and whisk-away whiteheads with a gentle yet effective exfoliant and keep your pores healthy and happy-looking.
Keep your toner, moisturizers, and eye gels in the refrigerator this time of year. A chilled moisturizer or eye gel will calm and soothe hot, tired, sensitive skin and keep you feeling cool during the warm summer months.
Ingredients to look for in your summer skincare -
Peptides - are short chains of amino acids that act as building blocks of proteins your skin needs! Proteins such as collagen, elastin and keratin are the foundations of your skin and are responsible for skins texture, strength, and resilience.
Read this study to learn why peptides are something you should use daily.
Without peptides our skin is less resilient and can lose firmness, resulting in the appearance of wrinkles and saggy looking skin.
Botanical Hyaluronic Acid - Our bodies produce Hyaluronic Acid naturally but our ability to produce HA declines with age, leading to dryness and fine lines.
Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant, which means it grabs moisture from the air and holds it in the epidermis, keeping the skin plump, firm, and glowing.
Ingredients to Avoid
- DMDM Hydantoin & Urea (Imidazolidinyl): These preservatives can release formaldehyde, which can irritate the skin and cause allergic reactions.
- Phthalates: These chemicals can disrupt the endocrine system and have been linked to health problems such as cancer and reproductive issues.
- Mineral Oil: This petroleum byproduct can clog pores and lead to acne.
By following these tips, you can create the best and an easy summer skincare routine that's effective and lightweight. This will help to keep your skin looking its best all summer long.