What you need to know before you buy eye cream
Why do I need an eye cream? Is it worth it?
Most of us begin to think we need an eye treatment when we notice:
- Fine lines under and around eyes
- Dark circles
- Under eye puffiness
Have you ever thought, "Do I really need an eye cream--can't I just use my moisturizer?"
The skin on the eyelids and around the eye is significantly thinner than the rest of the face and is much more sensitive to topical products. Moisturizers can be used around the eye area, but they may cause stinging or burning.
The benefit of a creme/gel specifically formulated for the eye area is that it will be less irritating than a typical moisturizer. A properly formulated eye creme/gel should be milder and free of fragrances.
When looking for an eye cream, it is important to choose a product that contains key ingredients that are beneficial for the eye area.
Best ingredients to look for include:
- Peptides: Peptides are amino acids that help to increase the production of collagen and elastin, which can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Botanical hyaluronic acid: Botanical hyaluronic acid is a natural moisturizer that helps to hydrate and plump the skin.
- Licorice root extract: Licorice root extract is a botanical ingredient that can help to lighten dark circles and reduce inflammation.
- MSM: MSM is a sulfur compound that can help to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamins A, C, and B5: Vitamins A, C, and B5 are all antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from damage and improve hydration.
- Rooibos leaf extract: Rooibos leaf extract is a botanical ingredient with antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties.
- Shiitake mushroom extract: helps reduce undesirable skin pigmentation, including dark circles, age spots.
What's the difference between your two eye products?
The differences between the Peptide Line Diminishing Eye Gel and the Ageless Eye Revitalizing Serum are distinct. First of all, the Ageless is a creamy serum and the Peptide is a gel type consistancy.
- helps diminish the look of fine lines around eyes
- brightens the appearance of dark circles
- ultra-hydrating and collagen supporting
- non-irritating formula for allergy-prone eyes
Allison T writes:
"Love the Ageless Eye Serum. Crows feet are minimized and the feel is super-hydrated."
The Peptide Eye Gel immediately tightens the fine lines around our eyes as it assists in reducing puffiness/under-eye bags. The gel is cool and soothing and you notice smoothness fairly quickly. Long-term use maximizes these results.
- Targets fine lines
- Addresses crepey under-eye skin
- Reduces the look of under-eye puffiness/bags
- #1 Rating by EWG Verified
- 72% Organic
- Peptides - promote collagen and elastin support
Anne A., CA writes:
"When I apply this eye gel, my skin tingles. And the next morning, I can see a visible difference in the plumpness and elasticity around my eyes. And you have to love products that are 72% organic. It's better for me and better for the world!"
Before you buy eye cream research which one is best for you. Be sure to know the treatment that's worth your time and investment.
Read more about How to Reduce Dark Circles and Under Eye Bags...