When you write for a skincare business you spend a lot of time focusing on external beauty. Our world puts considerable emphasis on beauty and youth. We all know that outside beauty fades in time, and many who are physically attractive are emotionally unattractive. You need more than a pretty shell to be beautiful.
When we focus on the beauty that comes from within, it magnifies our outer beauty and we appear more attractive in far more unique ways.
A lifetime of positive habits contribute to a deeper level of beauty
1. Humility - Confidence and self-respect are great, but not at the expense of humility. One of the most beautiful traits a woman (or man) can have is an attitude of humility. Low self-esteem is not what we're talking about, it's more like quiet confidence. True humility comes from seeing ourselves as we truly are and let's admit...sometimes it's a hot mess!
2. Generosity - The Meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away." Pablo Picasso. True generosity involves more than just giving. It requires empathy and greater empathy leads to more helpful behavior.
Those who give time and talent are some of the most generous people I know. It's proven those who give more time to others, live longer too. Here's a perfect example--
Good news for Grandparents
Studies show caring for others leads to longevity. Grandparents, helping adult children with their children are positively impacted by their giving in health and longevity benefits. A win/win!
3. Positivity - a positive outlook and attitude can actually give a woman a glow. Conversely, pessimism can be a severe drain on beauty. Focusing on negative things increases cortisol levels and stress hormones. Women who are stressed lack that radiant, healthy glow.
On the other hand, optimism and positive thinking have been found to improve the attractiveness of a person. A beautiful woman isn’t blindly positive, but she is optimistic and looks at the world with hopeful eyes.
4. Genuine Joy - some would associate joy with happiness, but it's deeper. Happiness is based on circumstances while joy is based on hope, and selflessness. Joy is more consistent and grows internally.
When you look at someone who's smiling from their joyful soul, you can see a light that shines from deep within, creating a warm, inviting glow.
5. Curiosity - or being others focused. Women are by nature curious and curiosity expands our empathy. Curiosity exposes ourselves to different ideas and cultures. As a result, our appreciation for life increases. Curiosity makes us more knowledgeable and more beautiful.
A woman who is passionate about life, shows compassion, pursues learning, keeps a sense of adventure, refuses to give up, and believes she is worthy. This woman creates anenergy that many would consider beautiful. Let's be sure our inner and outer beauty work in harmony.